Monday, November 13, 2006

Thanksgiving - Part I

November is the month that we traditionally give special attention to gratitude and thankfulness to our Father. I leave these passages for you to read, ponder and to guide you in this special season....

God saw everything that He had made, and, behold, it was very good.

Thou visitest the earth, and waterest it: Thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God, which is full of water: Thou preparest them corn, when thou hast so provided for it.

Thou crownest the year with Thy goodness; and Thy paths drop fatness. They drop upon the pastures of the wilderness: and the little hills rejoice on every side.

The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing.

He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that He may bring forth good out of the earth. O Lord, how manifold are Thy works! In wisdom hast Thou made them all: the earth is full of Thy riches.

Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfieth the longing soul, and fillest the hungry soul with goodness.

But I will sacrifice unto Thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay all that I have vowed. Salvation is from the Lord.

To be continued....

Thankful for you all,

Mitch