Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Grace...

Sunday morning I had the privilege of teaching the Word in the worship services. The topic was grace. At the end of the message I asked the question: "What would happen if..." Remarkably, Monday morning, when I checked my mailbox, I found a brief article written by an acquaintance of mine out west and the article articulated the question better than I ever could have. I leave it with you....

What If?

  • What if a few hundred people, in one local church, covenanted together to walk in the daily habits of Bible intake, prayer, giving, fellowship, outreach, and serving?
  • What if they sought to equip themselves for "every good work"?
  • What if they refused to let fear trump their faith?
  • What if the walked in the fear of nothing but failing God and falling out of love with Jesus?
  • What if they "spoke the truth in love" as God gave opportunity?
  • What if they sacrificed to build up the body of Christ and make disciples throughout the world?

God would be glorified before the eyes of man; many individuals and families would be delivered from the ravages of sin; and we would experience what our purpose is!

And I might add...this all sounds a lot like revival to me.

LET'S DO IT!!!!

Indebted,

Mitch