I guess we're all continuing to learn that our identity [who we are] is rooted in Christ and the eternal relational connection we have by faith. It is so easy to get off center in this, living in a world that tells us otherwise.
I ran across these encouraging words from Henri Nouwen. Savor these and be blessed.
"Prayer...is listening to The Voice - The One who calls you "the beloved". It is to constantly go back to the truth of who we are and claim it for ourselves. I'm not what I do. I'm not what people say about me. I'm not what I have. Although, there is nothing wrong with success, there is nothing wrong with popularity, there is nothing wrong with being powerful. Finally, my spiritual identity is not in the world or the things the world gives me. My life is rooted in my spiritual identity...and we must go back regularly to that place of core identity."
I am who God says I am . Our ability to fully comprehend this truth is something we all must come to [with His help] by ourselves. But since He declares it, it is true...and that settles it. Our confessing it [saying the same thing He says] will go a long way in helping us to seize it for our own and thereby experience the security, liberation and joy this reality is intended to give.
What a privilege to be His child...His beloved.
Graced - Blessed,
Mitch