I have a pastor friend who now serves as a foreign missionary in Uganda. I share with you portions of his note to us...moving....
Again it is that special time of the year when we hear expressions about having a Happy Thanksgiving and we focus on the blessings that have been bestowed on us. We really do not need to be reminded of the bountiful blessings we have, but we do need to be reminded that we oft forget to be thankful. We accept, and even expect these blessings as if we deserved them. Nothing could be farther from the truth. We deserve nothing but we are blessed day by day beyond measure by our Heavenly Father. The Ugandans seldom ever stand up to give praise or testimony in a worship service without first thanking God that they are alive. So many others have died recently. Every day is a special gift from God. And what we do with that day is our gift to God. (Remember the last two blogs about ThanksLiving...) ...gratefulness should be tops as part of our daily lives.
So to each of you, I send my sincere thanks to express my gratitude and love for your love, encouragement and support of Teresa and I. We are so blessed by the indelible imprint your lives have made on ours.
The Thanksgiving Agape' Feast was sweet...a full building...the air buzzing with the sounds of wonderful people...the fragrance of such delicious food...warm testimonies...simple, but genuine worship...and our hearts...well...full to overflowing. Thank you....
Indebted,
Mitch