Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Thought From The Psalmist...

Psalm 69:29-32 (New American Standard Bible)

29 ...I am afflicted and in pain; May Your salvation, O God, set me securely on high. 30 I will praise the name of God with song, and magnify Him with thanksgiving. 31 It will please the LORD better than an ox or a young bull with horns and hoofs. 32 The humble have seen it and are glad; you who seek God, let your heart revive.

I love this passage! Though struggling in the difficult things of life, he cries out to God, his creator and says: I'll praise your name, O God and magnify You with thanksgiving. The next thing he says is amazing. ...And it will please You.... It actually suggests that praising Him and magnifying Him with thanksgiving will bless Him more than any religious excercise we may engage in. ...The "sacrifice of praise...the fruit of lips giving thanks...especially when life is hard, blesses our Father's heart.

Father, help us all to give You the things You want most. For me, today, I will praise Your name and magnify You with thanksgiving. As a matter of fact, "seven times today, I will praise you."

Graced,

Mitch