Monday, July 07, 2008

He's Everywhere!

Everything in life is speaking something to us. Practicing the presence of God, in part, is becoming aware that God is not only everywhere but He has something to say in everything that is going on around us. I read the following prayer recently. It reminded me that in all I do, [even at the movies] God is revealing Himself.... "Open the eyes of my heart, Lord...I want to see you..."everywhere.

Help me, O God,

Whenever I go to a movie, not to go just for entertainment,
But also for enlightenment.
Meet me there, I pray, and speak to me.
Tell me something I need to know so I may live my life
More graciously, more compassionately.
Give me moments of transcendence
So I can leave the theater in some way changed,
Even if it is a very small way.
Speak to me through a character, a scene, a line of dialogue, a musical score,
Tell me something that will help me become
A more understanding person,
Kinder and more compassionate.
Thank you for those moments at the movies
That have touched my heart.
And for the fact that there is no place on earth
That some echo of Your voice cannot be heard
For the one who is listening....

Indebted,

Mitch